New FAA-PMA Air Vents
FAA/PMA Approved Defroster Vents
Eligibility Listing: All AA1 and AA5 series aircraft, all serial numbers
Excel-Air Services Inc. is excited to once again offer to you our newly designed FAA/PMA approved Defroster Vents. We are now offering these in a ‘kit’ form with all the necessary hardware to accomplish the installation. Simple instructions will be provided (with pictures). I know that from your perspective all that is seen is the sliding knob on top of the glareshield, but what’s going on ‘behind the scene’ I think will surprise you. These new vents offer these benefits:
- Greater safety: Many times old defroster hoses are left dangling under the glareshield. These can easily interfere with the control yoke or rub abrasively on wires and/or vacuum hoses for instruments.
- Improved cabin heat at your feet! That’s right! Cabin heat air and defrost air enter the aircraft through one firewall port into a box. Attached to the top of this box are the defroster hoses. With loose defroster hoses or inoperative slides you have very limited control over cabin heat. Loose hoses will allow hot air to escape upward behind the panel heating up your avionics and leaving you with cold feet. Correctly secured and adjusted, these new vents will force more warm air downward into the cabin area and can easily be fine-tuned to your defrost needs. Your wife will thank you for this! ( I should have begun this point with “Makes Wife Happier!”)
- Pay for themselves! “How?” you ask. Question your avionics shop how much time they spend re-attaching defroster hoses to those old egg-shaped, stubby vents after working under the glareshield on your radios? (that is, if they even bother to attach the hoses. Remember the ‘hot radios’ I mentioned? They will thank you for these.) At $90/hr. shop rate it won’t take long to pay for these new vents in time saved.
- Fully FAA/PMA approved. The only paperwork your A&P needs to deal with is a logbook entry stating “Installed new FAA/PMA vents by Excel-Air Part#___S/N___ No weight change.” ( A qualified mechanic must make this entry)
- Made in the USA! Need I say more? Every aspect of this kit is produced in the USA.
- Easy Order Form provided. Send us an email at email@example.com with Defroster Order Form in the subject line. We will return a PDF Order form which you can print and fax, or email back. We'll also be happy to take your order over the telephone. Our website is not yet equipped for direct secure credit card transactions but we are working on it.
- Money Back Guarantee: I want you to be absolutely satisfied with this product. Due to some variances in glareshield configuration we may ask that you provide some details before shipment. Regardless we will make sure you get the correct pieces or your money will be refunded.
Kit Price is $130.00 plus Shipping (determined by your location UPS or USPS)
Indiana sales tax 7%
click on image for larger view, use browser back button to return
You may discover upon removing the glareshield that your old hoses are unusable. Original equipment hoses were made of the old CAT material (black, string wrapped, and probably now hard as a rock) Even newer SCAT hoses (orange, siliconized cloth) can have frayed ends or be too short to properly attach to the defroster vents. We can supply brand new SCAT hoses pre-cut to the correct length for your installation with ends pre-dressed. Simply remove the old hoses from their retaining clamps and put in the new for optimal performance of your new defrosters.
|With the specs of your plane we will supply a pre-cut hose set ready to install. These are not included in the kit price. Call for pricing and information.|